B2SHAREbridge Setup Guide#
The B2SHAREbridge is an app developed by EUDAT that allows you to create deposits on B2SHARE and upload data from B2DROP to B2SHARE. This guide will walk you through the steps to enable and configure the B2SHAREbridge on your Nextcloud instance.
Enabling the B2SHAREbridge#
To enable the B2SHAREbridge on your instance, follow these steps:
- Open a terminal and switch to the Nextcloud apps directory. For example:
- Clone the specific version of the B2SHAREbridge that corresponds to your Nextcloud version. Name the folder b2sharebridge. For example:
git clone https://github.com/EUDAT-B2DROP/b2sharebridge.git b2sharebridge
- Switch to the B2SHAREbridge directory and install the dependencies using make. For example:
cd b2sharebridge; make composer
- Enable the app using the web UI or command line. For example:
sudo -u www-data php occ app:enable b2sharebridge
If you upgrade from Nextcloud 24 (or previous) you need to migrate your B2SHAREbridge database.
Configuring the B2SHAREbridge#
Before you can use the B2SHAREbridge to create deposits, you need to configure at least one B2SHARE server for your users. Here’s how:
- Go to the EUDAT section under the admin settings for your Nextcloud instance. The URL will be something like
- In the B2SHAREbridge settings page, add the URL of your B2SHARE server to the template provided. This could be the default B2SHARE core service, e.g.
https://b2share.eudat.eu. Make sure the URL doesn’t end with a slash. Recommended settings:
|Description||B2SHARE Core||B2SHARE training||Recommended / Self hosted|
|Number of uploads per user at the same time (limit the bridge for a single user)||10||10||10|
|Max filesize (in GB)||10||10||limited by the B2SHARE instance|
|Check SSL (checks for secure connection)||True||True||True|
|URL (of a B2SHARE instance)||https://b2share.eudat.eu||https://trng-b2share.eudat.eu||your B2SHARE URL|
|Name (visible for users)||EUDAT B2SHARE||B2SHARE training server||B2SHARE name|
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
That’s it! You have successfully enabled and configured the B2SHAREbridge on your Nextcloud instance. Your users can now create deposits on your configured B2SHARE server and upload data from B2DROP to B2SHARE.